How you can lend a hand
The Camp Tuscazoar Foundation is comprised of dedicated volunteers, many of whom were scouts that camped at Camp Tuscazoar as children or as leaders. We donate our time to maintain the camp and its facilities so that more children can grow here and carry the lessons on into life.
Our mission is to perpetuate the camp and its operation for use by scout groups, church groups, schools and other youth organizations. We carry on primarily through membership fees, donations and grants. Regularly scheduled events and year-round camping raise some funds, and we are now producing pure, old-fashioned maple syrup at the camp to help support our cause, but donations are always needed.
With the support of donations and our members, we’ve kept Camp Tuscazoar open and operating since the late 1980’s. We are not supported by any other organization or corporation, so memberships are vital. As a member, you will receive:
- A subscription to the camp newsletter, the Breeze
- Camping privileges for you and your immediate family
- A vote at the annual meeting
- A copy of our annual camp events calendar
We also encourage our members to provide inputs on future projects and activities, help with workdays and serve on committees. Our annual meeting is held the first Sunday in October each year.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to become members, and agree to membership according to Camp Tuscazoar Foundation Bylaws and Policies. New membership applications are reviewed and considered at regular Board of Directors meetings.
Online memberships & donations >
*For online donations, enter an amount in the “Other” box.
Paper Membership application >
Please make checks payable to:
Camp Tuscazoar Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 308
Zoarville, OH 44656-0308
Camp Tuscazoar Foundation Bylaws and Policies >
Camp Tuscazoar is very grateful to the many people who donate their time and money to make Camp Tuscazoar the special place that it is. You can help the camp in many ways:
- Join Camp Tuscazoar for $25 a year or purchase a life membership for $500 at:
- Donate Real Estate, Securities, Wills, Life Insurance, Trusts, or via a Life Income Agreement. Learn more at: http://tuscazoar.org/donations/ >
- Shop at the museum. Hours are Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and by appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Shop our online Trading Post at: http://stores.ebay.com/Daves-Tuscazoar-TradingPost >
- Donate to ongoing projects at https://givebutter.com/camp-tuscazoar-foundation-mtb-trailfund >
- Donate for FREE via Amazon Smile. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Camp Tuscazoar Foundation. (This does not cost you a cent and only takes two minutes to sign up.) Sign up at http://smile.amazon.com/ch/34-1545370 >
- Visit https://www.thrivent.com/what-we-offer/generosity/thrivent-choice.html >
- Donate via Network for Good at www.networkforgood.com >
- Volunteer to work on a trail crew at email@example.com >
- Volunteer to help cut grass at firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Donate through the Dirt Line trail fund at: https://givebutter.com/tuscazoarmtbtrailfund >
- Sign up to work in the W.C. Moorhead Museum at email@example.com >
- Donate time by doing clerical work for the Camp firstname.lastname@example.org >
A General Endowment Fund has been established to guarantee income in the future for maintenance, rehabilitation and reconstruction projects at Camp Tuscazoar. This special trust is administered by Stark Community Foundation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations under the guidance of the duly elected Board of Trustees of the Camp Tuscazoar Foundation. Through this special trust, Foundation members and friends can make lasting contributions which will benefit Camp Tuscazoar for generations. Click the link below for more information.
Camp Tuscazoar Endowment Fund >
Once again, thank you for helping to “keep the spirit burning.”