Welcome to Camp Tuscazoar Banner Photo 2
Camping
Cabins-Adirondacks-Tent Sites
Zoar Valley 
Trail

Schoenbrunn to Ft. Laurens
Zoarville
Station Bridge

Preservation & Restoration

Support Camp Tuscazoar

The Camp Tuscazoar Foundation, Inc. invites you to make a contribution to support the restoration of a rare 1926 movie filmed at Camp Tuscazoar

As a “Thank You!” for your donation to our Not-For-Profit foundation, you will be rewarded with a free copy of one or more of the items listed below:

A Legacy of Service: The Summer Camp Staffs of the Buckeye Council, BSA

Summer Camp Staffs of the Buckeye Council:
A Legacy of Service DVD

  This DVD, which is available for a $10 donation, provides a look back at the summer camp staffs that have served at Camp Tuscazoar, Camp Buckeye and Seven Ranges Scout Reservation from the 1920s to 2005. This presentation is dedicated to all who have advanced the cause of Scouting in the Buckeye Council through service on the summer camp staff.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

1938 Forgotten Film/Scout Law DVD

1938 Camp Tuscazoar Film
This remarkable film was made by the Tuscazoar staff during the summer of 1938. The film has been digitized and restored and now is available on a DVD disk for a $10 donation. If you want to step back in time and see what life at Camp Tuscazoar was like back then, don't miss your chance to get a copy.  The film runs just over 20 minutes. A small audio segment has been included with Bernie Myers talking about the straw tick mattresses that were used by Scouts. This film is something Scouts and Scouters with a sense of history and tradition will want to see.

COMING SOON!

Signs of the Times: The End of Camp Tuscazoar and
the Beginning of Seven Ranges DVD

Sign of the Times DVDThis remarkable DVD captures the ending of Camp Tuscazoar and the beginning of Seven Ranges Scout Reservation.  Featuring footage shot in 1985, 1986 and 1987, this DVD offers a look back at daily life at Camp Tuscazoar in the mid-1980's.  Dining hall skits, songs, retreat ceremonies, program activities and the eventual packing up of Camp Tuscazoar for the move to a new summer camp home are all included.  This DVD, which is available for a $10 donation, captures both the sadness and excitement as the Buckeye Council prepared for its historic move to a new camp.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

The Spirit of Seven Ranges and Tuscazoar in Song and Verse CD

The Spirit of Seven Ranges and Tuscazoar in Song and Verse CD Cover
In 1986, as Buckeye Council was preparing for their last summer camp season at Camp Tuscazoar, a group of camp staff members committed themselves to serve for two summers to help ease the transition to a new camp.  Known as the "Bridgebuilders" these camp staffers carried the rich programs and traditions from Camp Tuscazoar to the new Seven Ranges Scout Reservation.  This CD includes several musical selections that pay tribute to this transitional time in the history of area Scouting and is available for a $10 donation.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Sunday Night Vespers on Pioneer Point by Robert Hahn

 Hahn DVD cover
Beginning in th 1930's, on the first night of summer camp, Scouts hiked to the highest point in camp to hear the stories of the land, its ancient people and the Scouts and Scouters who began the traditions followed today during the summer camp week.  The Sunday Night Vespers was begun by Council Executive George Deaver and was continued by Robert Hahn, longtime Scoutmaster of Troop 34.  Since those early days, more than ten thousand Scouts have had the privilege of sitting for a brief time on that old Indian lookout, learning about our heritage.   For many, it's been one of the most memorable moments of summer camp   This DVD records the traditional talk given by Mr. Hahn for more than two decades at Pioneer Point and is available for a $10 donation.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

C. Bernard Myers Last Vespers CD

C. Bernard Myers, Last Vespers - Thunderbird Hill, July 2003
C. Bernard "Bernie" Myers was among those Scouts who camped at the Canton Council's first summer camp at Turkeyfoot Lake in 1920.  In 1921, as a Second Class Scout, he was selected to write an article for the Canton Repository and he received his First Class badge at the first Council Court of Honor later that year.  Bernie served on the summer camp staff in 1924 and he received his Pipestone the second week that the ceremony was performed in 1926.  In later years, Bernie served on many Council camp staffs as Camp Director, Commissioner and Chaplain.  He also served as president of the Buckeye Council Executive Board for many years and was a leader in WoodBadge Training for several decades.  This CD records his last vespers talk at Seven Ranges Scout Reservation in 2003 and is available for a $10 donation.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

Ho! Scout Print

Ho! Scout PhotoA combination of digital art, hand-drawing and watercolor wash, this photograph captures a Monday evening summer camp tradition that began at Camp Tuscazoar and was carried on to Seven Ranges. It is a scene that anyone who has spent time at summer camp will instantly recognize and it evokes fond memories. Reprints suitable for framing in 5 x 7 or 8 x 10 are available for a $10 donation.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

1924 Tuscazoar campfire photo

1924 Camp Tuscazoar campfire photoTaken in 1924, during Camp Tuscazoar's first year of operation, this photo was colorized by Charles Mills around 1926. It was displayed in camp for over six decades, first in the Long Lodge administration building and then the Tuscazoar Trading Post.  If ever there was an iconic photo of summer camp tradition, this is it. George Deaver, I. W. Delp, and C. L. Riley all are in the photo, as well as the first Scouts to call Tuscazoar their summer camp home. Charles Mills, who created the theatrics for the first Pipestone ceremony, was the photographer.  A high-quality, professionally finished, color copy of the photo is available for a $10 donation.  A great piece of camp history!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

1921 Wilderness Camp photo

1921 Wilderness Camp photoIn 1921, the newly-formed Canton Scout Council chose an open meadow in the hills of Tuscarawas County for its summer camp. That first summer camp was held near what is now the Johnny Appleseed campsite, and the camp then received a name: Wilderness Camp.  The camp would be renamed Camp Tuscazoar in 1925.  A commemorative photo taken of the camp that first summer is now available for a $10 donation.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER