Welcome to Camp Tuscazoar Banner Photo 2
Camping
Cabins-Adirondacks-Tent Sites
Zoar Valley 
Trail

Schoenbrunn to Ft. Laurens
Zoarville
Station Bridge

Preservation & Restoration

News Release

For Immediate Release - September 20, 1996

PLANS SET FOR CAMP TUSCAZOAR MUSEUM DEDICATION 

ZOARVILLE, Ohio -- The Camp Tuscazoar Foundation will officially dedicate the W. C. Moorhead Museum on Sunday, October 6. The formal program will begin at 3 p.m., and will include brief comments from area dignitaries, a ribbon-cutting ceremony and a few surprises. Guests are urged to bring lawn chairs.

"The museum's completion is a dream come true for Cece Moorhead and all those who have camped at Tuscazoar," said Ted Novak, president of the Camp Tuscazoar Foundation.

Since 1920, scouts and other youth groups have hiked and camped at Camp Tuscazoar. The camp's growth closely paralleled the growth of area scouting. The museum will contain memorabilia dating from Camp Tuscazoar's earliest days to the present.

W. C. "Cece" Moorhead served on the Camp Tuscazoar summer camp staff from 1927 to 1946. He was the camp's first ranger from 1929 to 1938 and was summer camp director from 1938 to 1945. He retired from his professional scouting career in 1970, but remained active in scouting. In 1992, Cece was elected a trustee with the Camp Tuscazoar Foundation, and was named the organization's first trustee emeritus in 1993.

Prior to his death in 1993, Cece established a trust fund to help construct a scouting museum at Camp Tuscazoar. The Foundation used these funds to begin construction.

The log cabin, located just north of the camp parking lot, will house the museum and trading post. The cabin will also serve as a check-in point on special event weekends.

The Foundation continues to solicit memorabilia for the museum. Artifacts, photos, patches, neckerchiefs and other items can be donated for permanent display or loaned for temporary display. For more information regarding the museum dedication or the donation of materials, please call the camp at 330-859-2288 or Ted Novak at 330-478-2511.

The Camp Tuscazoar Foundation, Inc. is an Ohio non-profit corporation founded in 1986 for the purpose of purchasing, maintaining and perpetuating Camp Tuscazoar for use by scouts, church groups, school groups and other community organizations. Camp Tuscazoar is located on Boy Scout Road, two miles east of Zoar, near Zoarville.

###


For More Information Contact:
E-mail: info@tuscazoar.org