Gold Rush Competition - 2011
January 28-30, 2011
The Gold Rush will include:
- Trail-side stations requiring outdoor skills
- Saturday breakfast and dinner on Saturday; breakfast on Sunday
- Friday cracker-barrel and Saturday lunch for leaders
- Commemorative patch
your outdoor skills and earn golden nuggets. Then trade your nuggets for
valuable prizes at our Saturday evening auction.
Bring a sled to carry your equipment.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. Saturday.
Competition begins at 9 a.m.
and is open to any group that wants to join in.
Cost is $15 per participant. Camping fees are additional.
Make your reservations with Ranger Dana at 330-859-2288 ASAP
- 1 SLED of any type
- HAT, COAT, BOOTS and GLOVES*
- NUGGET POUCH
- POLES = 3- 5ft. & 2- 3ft.
- ROPE = 5- 10-15ft. Lengths
- WOOD & MATCHES or CAMP STOVE (for cooking lunch)
- FOOD & UTENSILS (for patrol and judges)
- LUNCH: Maximum nugget potential requires spending a minimum of 30 minutes preparing a hot cooked meal of your choice and including clean-up afterwards.
- WATER (personal and patrol)
- GRILL or GARBAGE CAN LID (to keep fires off bare ground)
- TARP (approx. 9 x 12 ft.)
- COMPASS (at least one)
- PENCIL & PAPER
- AX and/or HATCHET (with a sheath)
- PATROL FIRST AID KIT
- PLASTIC BAG (for the patrol score card)
- WATCH or method of keeping time (optional)
*(each member with the sled should have)