Gold Rush Competition - 2002
Gold Rush XIII
The Gold Rush competition doesn't just test one group's skills against those
of the others; it also tests a group's preparedness for dealing with any
possible weather conditions and other challenges that might appear along the
trail. Is your group up to the challenge? If so, then plan to join our
annual Gold Rush competition February 8-10.
The event will begin Saturday with inspection at 8:30 a.m. Patrols will hit the trail at 9 a.m. Competing groups will be divided into two categories: junior (ages 13 and below) and senior (ages 14 and above). Lunch and dinner that day will be served in Kimble Hall, and an awards ceremony is also planned.
Unit check-in will begin Friday at 5:30 p.m. at the museum. A patrol leaders meeting is scheduled for 9 p.m., with a unit leader's crackerbarrel at 9:30.
The $8 per person event fee includes the two meals and an event patch. Camping fees are additional. For more information, call 330-859-2288.
Here is some addtional information:
- Lunch begins at noon
- Patrols leave for afternoon events at 1:30 pm
- Events close at 4:00 pm
- An awards campfire will be held a 5 pm. Each patrol should be prepared to lead a song or perform a skit.
- At the end of the campfire, patrols use gold nuggets gathered during the competition for a fun auction.
- Note book and pencil
- Scout handbook
- Pouch for gold nuggets
- Hand ax
- Pocket knife, each scout
- 6’ rope, each scout
- 6’ pole, each scout
- Canteen with water, each scout
- Wood to make fuzz sticks and build a fire
- All equipment suitably packed for the day
See you Saturday!